Posts Tagged ‘Texturz Plates’
Bugs Bunny would love these! Or maybe not, since there are no actual carrots involved. But Easter is coming, and bunnies of all age will love this fun Easter treat idea.
I created the texture on the carrot with the Textures Plates Kit #4 (also for the Big Shot — see it online), and added the Fine Supernova Glitter (see it online) with the 2-Way Glue Pen (see it online).
Here is the Tutorial for this project:
- Die cut two Petal Cone pieces in Tangerine Tango, and texture each one with the paisley Texturz Plate. Trim off the half circles at the top of each piece. Use Sticky Strip to attach the pieces together.
- Cut 4 Wild Wasabi half Scallops and trim the last 2 scallops from each corner as shown. Cut between each scallop, leaving about 1/2″ uncut at the bottom. Attach with Sticky Strip to the ‘carrot’
- Use a 2-Way Glue Pen and Fine Supernova Glitter in orange to decorate your paisley.
- Assemble carrot. *TIP* The easiest way to assemble the box is to lay it flat and fold both ends to the center, attaching in the middle. The box will pop up perfectly aligned every time.
- On two opposite sides, trim away the ‘leaves’ to make room for your ribbon. Use a Crop-A-Dile to add a Jumbo Pewter Eyelet on each side.
- Tie the Peach Parfait Stitched Poly-Ribbon at each side.
Be sure to stop over to my Stamping Studio for Stamp Club with Meg this month (Wednesday, March 10th and Thursday, March 11th) if you’d like to make this Easter carrot treat holder in person! Drop me an email for more details.
After you check out the video, I thought you might like to see more shots of the project… I love these circle cards! My Stamp Club with Meg meets next week, and we’ll be making a similar card using the Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper.
To receive a kit in the mail with everything you need to make this pop-up circle card, sign up for my Stamps in the Mail Club!