Posts Tagged ‘Perfect Words’
My son has been asking for weeks if we could get corn on the cob. And I’d been putting him off, saying that it’s just too early — that’s a summer treat. But it’s official, summer must be here, since we had our first corn on the cob of the season this week. It was yummy, too! I’ll admit, I wasn’t too hopeful.
But it gives me one more reason to be thankful for stamping. I can make the Mouthwatering cherries perfectly delicious EVERY time — in any season! Plus with the new Scented Stampin’ Emboss Powder (see it online in Cherry), they even SMELL yummy.
There are a lot of fun tricks on this card:
- Make the background stand out with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder (see some other ideas for this folder)
- The cherries from the Mouthwatering stamp set (see it online) are colored using the Marker to Stamp Technique to get two colors on one image
- To add the scented embossing powder (yum, cherry!) to the stem, I used my Versamarker (see it online). It’s like Versamark ink, but in pen form, so you can add it just where you want the embossing powder to stick.
- Glittery Cherries: there’s always room for glitter! The red liquid glitter comes in a bottle: Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (see it online)
- The brad at the end of the banner is one of the Jelly Bean Brads (see them online) in the Sweet Shop Product Suite (see some other Sweet Shop projects)
- The Labels Collection Framelits (see them online) lend a fun shape to the front panel — and I echoed it with another die-cut in the middle of the card.
- “You’re the BEST” comes from the Perfect Words hostess stamp set (see it online) — a set I find myself pulling out regularly!
Mmmm… more corn on the cob hopefully for us this week. And in the meantime, I’ll be stamping treats that make me think, “summer”!
Did you catch my Video Tutorial on the Apothecary Art stamp set and the Labels Collection Framelits last week? (check it out now) Well here’s a Quick Card that still uses the Apothecary Art stamp set (see it online), and the Framelits (see them online), but on an even simpler card background.
Isn’t the background color pretty on this card? The color is Blushing Bride from the 2010-2012 In Color Collection. Keep in mind that these 5 colors will be GONE after May 31st when the current catalog retires. If you want to have them in your collection, be sure to get them now!
Interested in more Clean & Simple projects? Check out a few on my blog!