Posts Tagged ‘Masking Technique’
The base for the card is from the Scallop Square Duo Die for the Big Shot, and the folded Whisper White card stock layered on top makes a quick note. Cut the card stock to 2-1/2″ x 5″ and fold in half to layer.
- Stamp the Itty Bitty Banners greeting
- Stamp again on a post-it note and cut out
- Lay the post-it note over the stamped greeting, then stamp the leaves, bird, etc.
Do you have a Pinewood Derby car to prep at your house? This year we had a Powderpuff Derby car to build (same as pinewood, but for the Girl Scouts). The project was a Daddy & Me project, and this year my daughter learned how to paint with masks… and Stampin’ Up! punches.
- Tape wide painter’s tape to a piece of butcher paper
- Use a punch to punch a shape from the paper
- Gently remove the punched tape from the paper
- Apply tape to car & paint
- Remove tape for perfect shaped effect!
Gotta love it when the tools are handy for exactly what you want. So whether you’re building a car now or you’re painting something else entirely, remember to try your Stampin’ Up! punches… or even your Big Shot Dies!