Posts Tagged ‘Just Eat Cake Designer Series Paper’
The most common thing I hear when I demonstrate watercoloring is that people can’t seem to make it look “right”. Guess what? There are some easy tricks that will make your watercolor look ‘right’ every time. Here’s a card that we made at stamp club last week, using the soon-to-be-retired Beary Best Friends stamp set (see it online).
Beary Best Friends and the matching Beary Nice Wishes set (see it online) will be available along with the rest of the Build-A-Bear Product Suite (see it online) but only until May 31st (learn about the retiring items & sale).
The bear is on the inside of the card — peeking through the window!
- Use Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper for best effects. I know, it sounds like I just want you to buy paper from me… but I’ve tried other papers from big craft stores, and they just don’t work right. If you want to be successful, it’s important to start with good quality materials.
- Draw a small line with a Stampin’ Write Marker where you want color to be darkest.
- Use Aqua Painters to wet the line and move the color around on the paper – leave blank spots to get an authentic watercolor effect.
- Remember that you can always add more color, but it’s tricky to remove color if you start with too much.
- Outline with River Rock Stampin’ Write Marker & blend to finish. This will keep your image ‘anchored’ to the paper and add dimension to the background so that it doesn’t look flat.
Looking for more Build A Bear ideas? Here are several on my blog.
Happy Watercoloring! (and stamping)
Who doesn’t love the uplifting feeling of seeing a party banner? Really, the occasion doesn’t matter–there’s always an internal smile that goes along with a few fun decorations strung on a line. Another great feature? Pennant banners are good for all occasions! Here’s a card with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch (see it online) and the Just Eat Cake Designer Series Paper (see it online).
The Pennant Parade Stamp Set is featured this month on my NEW Round of the Stamps in the Mail Club (see more details or sign up). During Month 2 of the 3 month club, you’ll receive the Petite Pennant Builder Punch used here, adding to your suite of coordinating Stampin’ Up! supplies.
Also exciting for August… the new August Designer Series Paper special!! Whether you shop online (shop now!) or through one of my home parties or classes, you can get a FREE pack of exclusive Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper when you buy 3 others!