Posts Tagged ‘Invitations’
A friend of mine recently asked for help in designing baby shower invitations for two of her friends. We came up with a couple of designs, and she took them to the new-moms-to-be so they could pick their favorite.
Here’s one of the designs featuring the Packed for Baby stamp (see it online).
The card base was cut with the Scallop Square Die (see it online). Just fold the card stock in half, place on the die so the fold won’t be cut, then run it through the Big Shot. Voila–shaped card!
- Whisper White, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo & Concord Crush card stock
- Fashionable Hearts Embosslit (see it online)
- Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Die Set (see it online)
- Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon
Wow, I nearly wrote 2010 on this post… is it really 2011 already?
In any case, I wanted to start by sharing a fabulous invitation that I received in the mail several weeks before the Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference last week. Each year, Stampin’ Up! hosts the leaders who have achieved certain titles for a 2-3 day conference focusing on business, working with our demonstrator teams and networking. This invitation was to attend a special breakfast meeting during Leadership.
Isn’t this gorgeous? The Notably Ornate set has a terrific style to it, especially for Vintage type projects. And of course the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder is a perfect pair (see it on the flowers?).
One of the highlights for me at Leadership each year is the breakfast for past Advisory Board members (here’s the breakfast from last year, and also from 2009). In addition to getting a chance to chat with corporate team members (Amy Swartz, VP of Sales & Marketing and Chad Richards, VP of IT at our table), we also had some time to sit down and with friends we only see a few times a year.
This past weekend I attended a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Retreat (thanks Kim!). Wow, a whole weekend to create and craft projects that I’ve been keeping in the back of my mind for weeks! Just think… you’ll be invited next year if you’ve signed up to be a demonstrator in my LovenStampfuls Group! (only 13 days left to get that Greenhouse Gala Tote!)
Here are the instructions:
- Fold a 4-1/4 x 8-1/2″ piece of Blushing Bride card stock in half. Place it on the Scallop Circle die so that the folded edge is INSIDE the circle and won’t be cut by the die blade. Cut with Big Shot.
- Trim out a triangle from the folded card as shown. Add polka dot texture with the Textured Impressions Polka Dot Folder — only add to the front of the card by opening the card and placing just the front half in the folder.
- Cut the Whisper White trim piece with the Tasteful Trim Big Shot Die (Holiday Mini Catalog). Trim to 4-1/4″ wide and attach. Stamp with hearts from the Tiny Tags stamp set and add one punched Small Heart.
- Stamp two hearts from Tiny Tags and punch them out with the 1″ Circle Punch. Attach with Stampin’ Dimensionals to create the wheels.
These are a really simple invitation and making 20 didn’t take all that long. You could continue to embellish if you have more time, but I had that big stack of projects in the back of my mind… I look forward to sharing more with you in the next week or two!!
All supplies Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Ink: Blushing Bride
Paper: Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Accessories: 1″ Circle Punch, Tasteful Trim Big Shot Die, Big Shot, Textured Impressions Polka Dot Folder, Scallop Circle Die, Small Heart Punch,