Posts Tagged ‘Googlie Eyes’
Do you have an Elf on the Shelf at your house? Our elf is named Freddyting, and the kids love to check out his daily adventures. So this year I decided to create some Elf on the Shelf gift card holders using the Two Tags Die (see it online – 115954) and my Stampin’ Up! punches.
The gift card holder itself is simple:
- Cut Gumball Green card stock to 3-3/4″ x 7″. Score the card stock at 1/2″ and 3-3/4″. Fold into a flat tube and adhere on the tab.
- Use the Big Shot and the Two Tags Die to cut out a Real Red large tag. Cut another large tag bottom and trim at the score line. Glue to the edges of the tag to make a pocket.
- Add ribbon & Gumball Green Designer Series Pattern Paper and decorate with your elf! (click below for a larger picture)
Here are the links for the punches (gotta love the Red Glimmer Paper 121790):
- Full Heart Punch (119883)
- Ornament Punch (119847)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (teeny scallop & circle) (118309)
- Modern Label Punch (119849)
- 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch (cut in 1/2) (119854)
- Merry Minis Punch Pack (ornament) (126882)
Need an excuse to get the Two Tags Die for yourself for Christmas? Here are more ideas from my blog to inspire you!
Want to get a Stampin’ Up! Gift Certificate? There’s still time before the holidays! Just drop me an email and you can order StampBucks for someone on your Gift List. They’re good on anything I offer — stamps, paper, supplies, Stamps in the Mail Club, class fees — everything! In fact, I’m mailing StampBucks to someone in Alaska today (hint hint )
Stamps: Tags Til Christmas (121169 or 120847); Ink: Real Red; Paper: Red Glimmer Paper, Gumball Green, Real Red, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, 2012-2014 In Color Designer Series Patterned Paper; Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags Bigz Die, Full Heart Punch, Ornament Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Merry Minis Punch Pack, 1 3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Googlies self-adhesive eyes
Once you’ve been “boo’d”, you place a sign in your window so other neighbors know you’ve been visited already for the year.
It’s a fun way to share treats and let the kids go around ringing doorbells and then running away
Here are the treat bags (featuring the Googly Ghouls stamp set – see it online) that we made up to leave on a couple of porches this year:
If you’re looking for a poem to include with your treats, here’s a link to one I found online.
Want a quick tip for making scallop circle frames with your punches? It’s really tricky to punch a scallop circle and then try to get a hole in the center. Instead, use this little tip (no trick, just treat!) to make perfect frames, every time.
Frame Supplies from Stampin’ Up!:
- 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch
- 2 1/2″ Circle Punch
- 1 3/4″ Circle Punch
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- click here to shop online now
Other supplies and directions for the project are on my blog post from yesterday (check them out).
Got a minute? Here’s my Magic Minute Video Tip!
Yesterday my blog post used the clean & simple Googly Ghouls stamp set (see it online) for a fun fall card. Today I’m sharing another project with the same stamp set, only this time I used all the goodies from the Ghoulish Googlies Bundle (see it online) – both the stamp set AND the Designer Kit with the bags, ribbon and tags.
These little waxed paper bags are super fun – and they only come as part of the Designer Kit. This project was shared on stage at Convention this summer by Shannon West, complete with witchy costume for Shannon. I have to say that *I* didn’t wear a costume when I taught this project at Stamp Club in August, but we still got to make Shannon’s fun bags!
Curious about the fun technique used for the background? I can help you with that! It’s Double-Embossing, and uses both dry embossing with the Big Shot and heat embossing with Embossing Powder and your Heat Tool.
Here are the steps for Double-Embossing:
- Press Versamark Ink Pad directly onto the Chevron Embossing Folder (see it online). Use the Big Shot to dry emboss as usual.
- After dry embossing, pour heat embossing powder over surface. Shake off excess and heat emboss as usual.
Curious about the embossing powder I used to get both the black and the sparkle? I mixed Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (see it online) with some Basic Black Embossing Powder (see it online) – about half and half.
Curious about how to punch a hole in the middle of the Scallop Circle so the little mummy can peek through? Stay tuned for a short Video Tutorial that I’ll get posted soon!
Finally, need more Halloween ideas? Here you can find a good selection of projects from my blog.
It’s that time again! Yup, time to sign up for a new Round of my Stamps in the Mail Club! This Round (#24!) we’ll be featuring the new OWL OCCASIONS stamp set from the Holiday Collection catalog. Stamps in the Mail Club is the perfect chance to add this set to your collection, AND receive ideas for using it!
Plus during the August/September/October Round, you’ll have a chance to stamp cards for the upcoming holidays, as well as several all-occasions cards.
So… What is Stamps in the Mail Club?
Delivered right to your doorstep–it’s the stamps, inks and accessories you need to complete these projects. Plus printed directions, exclusive Video Tutorials and pre-cut, pre-embossed card stock, ready-to-stamp! It’s my Stamps in the Mail Club, and you can sign up today! Here are the 4 projects you’ll make with your supplies and your Month 1 (August) Club Kit:
Look at what the Stamps in the Mail Club can do for you!
- Build your stamping supplies: kit includes $30-35 value in Stampin’ Up! product each month for 3 months in a row, and you get to keep all the coordinating stamps, inks, accessories and embellishments to use in other stamping projects
- Easy to follow: Pre-printed directions for all 4 projects in a color handout with photos and step-by-step instructions will be sent with the kit each month and necessary supplies are listed at the top of each project so you know exactly what to have at your fingertips.
- Flexible Kit Contents: build on what you own! Select alternate Stampin’ Up! product each month if you already own a Stampin’ Pad color or accessory item
- No sorting or struggling: materials to create each project arrive pre-packaged separately for each project
- Stampin’ Up! exclusive materials: the best products on the market including heavy-weight Designer Paper and cardstock, timeless images, and perfectly coordinated color scheme
- Learn more each month: the 3-month subscription teaches you how to use what you’ve purchased and presents inspiring ideas on how to make the most of your investment in supplies
From Jill F: “[Stamps in the Mail Club] is the BEST club I have been involved with. It is so nice to go to my stamp room, pull out the directions and the cello bag and get busy!! Thanks for offering this club.”
You can subscribe to the 3-month Stamps in the Mail Club for just $45 each month! Click here for details on the kit contents for August, as well as details on the Exclusive Video Tutorials for Stamps in the Mail Club Members.
Ready to sign up now? Need more details? Click here and use the big “email Meg” button to request your Paypal Invoice!
I look forward to stamping with you by mail!