Posts Tagged ‘Distressing Tool’
Pleasant Poppies is another of the gorgeous full-size images currently available from Stampin’ Up! (see it online – 129499). Last week I mentioned a few tips for using large stamps on small projects. Today I have a couple more technique tips for you: the Spotlighting Technique and a Watercolor Refresher! Both techniques are wrapped up in this paper lunch sack turned into a Gift Bag.
This project was actually one from my Stamps in the Mail Club during the last round. If you haven’t ever participated, get ready for the next round. Signups begin in April for the May Round!
Spotlighting is a nice way to highlight a certain part of a larger stamp, like with Pleasant Poppies or Swallowtail.
- Stamp your large image on the background.
- Stamp again on scrap paper and use a Circle Punch to punch out the piece(s) you’d like to highlight.
- Color the circles differently from the background and match them back onto your main image.
Refresher Technique Focus: Watercolor
- Gently wipe the wet tip of the AQP across the end of the WWC, picking up color
- Begin with the lightest color layer: use a light touch and extra water to thin out your color
- Add a 2nd color layer, either of the same tone or different. Be sure to leave some of the lightest layer showing
- Add a 3rd color layer as the darkest layer, using the most pigment from the crayon and the least amount of water
- Consider your shadows – which direction does the light in your picture shine? Objects with a shadow around the outer stamped black line look more dimensional and realistic
Curious about how the gift bag works? I have a Video Tutorial that shows how to make these Card Topper Gift Bags.
And be sure to check for more Pleasant Poppies ideas on my blog!
Supplies: Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Curly Cute; Inks: Jet Black Staz-On Ink; Cardstock: Watercolor Paper, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Pacific Point; Accessories: Sycamore Street Ribbon (Sale-A-Bration gift), Jumbo Rhinestone, Pacific Point Stitched Ribbon, Watercolor Wonder Crayons – Brights Collection, Aqua Painters, Distressing Tool (optional – Spring Catalog), 1 ¼” Circle Punch, 1 ¾” Circle Punch
Only 4 weeks left of Sale-A-Bration, but the good news is that I have another tutorial for you! This week when you place an order with me, either online in my store or in person, you’ll get the next of Meg’s Final 5 Tutorials – for the Feeling Sentimental stamp set (see it online – 129630).
Meg’s Final 5 Tutorial: Week 2 – Feeling Sentimental
For this week’s tutorial, you’ll want the following supplies to be able to make the projects as shown plus another 3 projects: (click the product numbers to see the items in my online store, then add them to your shopping cart)
Makes 40 cards with envelopes (6 designs total in the tutorial):
- 120953 Crumb Cake Card Stock $6.95
- 107297 Crumb Cake Envelopes $6.50
- 121878 First Edition Specialty Designer Series paper $12.95
- 126974 Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad $6.95
- 101610 Stampin’ Sponges $3.50
- 104199 Linen Thread $4.50
- 129287 Natural Trim Ribbon $6.95
- 127562 Distressing Tool $4.95
Total of bundle before shipping and tax = $53.25
Then add the FEELING SENTIMENTAL Stamp Set (w-129627 or c-129630) to your order for free. You’ll also want the Vintage Trinkets (118764) to complete the projects as shared in the tutorial.
Let me know if you have any questions about this fun program – email Meg.
Don’t forget that when you sign up as a demonstrator with me during Sale-A-Bration, you’ll get all 5 tutorials! You can learn more about becoming a demonstrator on my website. Or if you’re ready to do it now, you can sign up directly online 24-7!
Supplies for 4 projects — ready to stamp, delivered to your front door.
Love this Designer Series Paper pattern? It’s from the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (SAB – free item – #127540). And when you use the Stampin’ Distress Tool (see it online – 127562) to add texture to the edge of the paper, then you can see both sides at once. No need to pick which side of the paper you like better
Check out more Note Card ideas from my blog
Stamps: Cross My Heart; Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse; Paper: Note Cards & Envelopes, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper; Accessories: Two Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon
Supplies for 4 projects — ready to stamp, delivered to your front door.
Have you used your Watercolor Wonder Crayons lately? I’ve had them out quite a bit and am falling in love all over again. This is one of the cards from my last round of Stamps in the Mail Club (watch for new signups soon so you don’t miss out!). I featured the Pleasant Poppies stamp (see it online – 129499) and the Brights Watercolor Crayons (see them online – 119804).
Watercolor Wash Technique
- Stamp your image in Staz-On Ink onto Watercolor Paper.
- Using the large Aqua Painter (see them online – 103954), pick up color from the Tempting Turquoise Watercolor Crayon. Apply the color to the watercolor paper with lots of water to create a wash on the top 1/3 of the card.
- Use Tangerine Tango for the middle 1/3 and Rich Razzleberry for the bottom 1/3.
Plus I used several of the Sale-A-Bration free products on this card: the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (SAB – free item – #127540) and the Sycamore Street Ribbons & Button Pack (SAB – free item – #130812).
Remember that you can pick one one free Sale-A-Bration gift for every $50 you order from my online store during Sale-A-Bration!
Want to see some other ideas for Sale-A-Bration freebie products? Check out ideas on my blog!
Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Curly Cute; Inks: Jet Black Staz-On Ink; Cardstock: Watercolor Paper, Pool Party, Sycamore Street Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper; Accessories: Sycamore Street Ribbon & Buttons (Sale-A-Bration free product), Cute Clips elements (Spring Catalog), Watercolor Wonder Crayons – Brights Collection, Aqua Painters, Distressing Tool (Spring Catalog)
Here we are in sunny Orlando for the Stampin’ Up! Leadership 2013 Conference. Wow, gotta love 80 degrees and sunny! Of course the little treats and swap cards had to come out before we even left the airport. I created a pocket notebook for my roomie and LovenStampfuls group gifts, and I wanted to share it with you. (So if you haven’t gotten your gift yet, you’ll have to decide if you want to look yet or not )
This little notebook is about 4″ tall — I know, because I had to cut the paper to match. LOVE the paper? It’s the upcoming Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (coming soon as a Sale-A-Bration gift item – 127540).
I actually used a ton of new products on this project — from the Spring Catalog (browse online) and the upcoming Sale-A-Bration brochure (watch for it, January 22nd!).
- For the mini banner at the top: Hearts A Flutter stamp set & Framelits Bundle (see it online – 131097)
- To embellish the mini banner: Natural Trim Ribbon (see it online – 129287) and the Jumbo Rhinestones (see it online – 129324)
- For the message: Feel Goods stamp set (see it online – 129684)
- As the embellishment at the bottom: Designer Builder Brads (see it online – 129329) and I stamped the circle in the center with the teeny lips from the Itty Bitties stamp set (see it online - 128939)
I’m loving all the new goodies! I look forward to sharing more updates from the Leadership Conference with you all this week. Keep an eye out!
Stamps: Feel Goods, Hearts A Flutter, Itty Bitties; Ink: Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry; Paper: Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Island Indigo; Accessories: Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Big Shot, Distressing Tool, Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack, Jumbo Rhinestones, Designer Build A Brads, Natural 7/16″ Trim Ribbon,