Archive for the ‘In Colors 11-13’ Category:
What’s more fun than a cool technique? A free printable technique tutorial! This Puzzle Piece Resist technique was shared with us by demonstrator Linda Yearsley at our Spring Into Stamping demo training event last weekend, and I loved it so much that I created this card with the Swallowtail stamp for my Stamp Club last week. (see Swallowtail online – 129216)
The steps are simple for Puzzle Piece Resist:
- Heat emboss image in white on white
- Use framelits to cut layers (all at once)
- Sponge layers in contrasting colors
- Assemble the puzzle
And the results are striking! Be sure to download my free printable tutorial for the Puzzle Piece Resist technique.
Supplies: Stamp – Swallowtail, Papillon Potpourri, Amazing Family; Ink: Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Versamark; Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Calypso Coral; Accessories: Heat Tool, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Rhinestone Jewels, Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits;
Nope, it’s not just for Valentine’s Day! The Hearts A Flutter Bundle (see it online – 131097) with the Hearts A Flutter stamp set plus the coordinating Framelits is great for birthday cards, girlfriend cards, pretty much anything all year long.
Do you like the effect on the little banner? I used two layers to make that piece — Whisper White for the bottom (stamped with the heart in Island Indigo) and a piece of Vellum Card Stock for an overlay.
Adhesives show THROUGH the vellum when you stick it down. I know, big bummer.
Here’s the trick — cover your adhesive spot with something…like a Large Rhinestone!
Yes, I promise that I do have a stamp in my stamp room that *isn’t* Swallowtail. But somehow this guy keeps making an appearance at all my events! This is one of the cards that we made on Monday morning at the monthly Card Club that a group of friends attend with me. (see Swallowtail online – 129216)
Did you notice that I used yesterday’s trick for making the card insides white? Actually, yesterday’s Oh Whale card idea was from the same Card Club. And it’s true, I’m pretty butterfly-centric these days… you can get lots of Swallowtail card ideas on my blog. For this card, the Pool Party layer is a 1/4 sheet and the Whisper White layer is 5 1/4″ x 8″.
Start Your Own Card Club!
Interested in starting a Card Club with your own friends? I would love to create for you, too! Gather 4-8 friends and you can come to my studio, or I can come to you (anywhere within an hour of Champaign-Urbana).
Guests pay a fee to stamp 4 or 8 cards, or they can choose to place an order for Stampin’ Up! product – and stamping is free!
Want to start a Card Club further away? I can help you with that, too! I can mail you a package each month with everything you need to have your own Card Club at home.
Either way – drop me an email if you’re interested in learning more or looking at dates!
I think in all my years of stamping, I’ve only seen 1-2 stamps EVER that come close to meeting the beauty of the Swallowtail stamp (see it online – 129216).
I know the Swallowtail image is huge — nearly bigger than a standard card front (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″). Don’t let it intimidate you!
Here are a few of my suggestions for using it:
- Use only a portion of the butterfly (like in the samples here)
- Go monochromatic – a single color shows off the beauty in the stamp perfectly
- Heat emboss the butterfly – be sure to use high end embossing powder (like from Stampin’ Up!) to capture all the detail
Sometimes it’s the simplicity of a card that “makes” it, and the Bloomin’ Marvelous stamp set (last day to get it – March 22nd!) is perfect for this style.
Plus the Bitty Butterfly Punch (see it online – 129406) is a perfect match for the butterfly from this stamp set. Stamp first, then punch out a perfect image.
Sale-A-Bration closes today — so if you haven’t ordered for your last free Sale-A-Bration item, be sure to shop now so you won’t miss out!
Be sure to check more Clean & Simple card ideas on my blog.
Supplies for 4 projects — ready to stamp, delivered to your front door.
I’m in love with this gorgeous stamp! The Swallowtail single stamp from the Spring Catalog (see it online – 129216) is absolutely breathtaking – I don’t think my photo or the catalog do it justice!
And the Triple Stamping Technique is a perfect way to use your Swallowtail stamp. It may look complicated, but really, this technique is simple once you have your card stock cut to the right size.
I can help you with that! You’re going to want a good Paper Trimmer (love the new one from Stampin’ Up! – see it online).
Who knew, but it turns out that this paper trimmer is super convenient to use when you can’t get around easily… like if you’ve broken your leg and you’re supposed to keep your foot up in the air, but you just can’t help wanting to stamp!
Back to the technique – here are the sizes I used for my card stock:
- Whisper White card stock:
5 1/4” x 8
3 x 4 1/4”
2 x 3 1/4”
- Island Indigo card stock:
4 1/4” x 5 1/2”
3 1/4” x 4 1/2”
2 1/4” x 3 1/2″
The technique itself is simple. You’ll arrange the layers of white card stock, then stamp on all the layers at the same time. Then just take the layers apart and put the colored card stock layers in between. Voila!
I definitely have some special tips though:
- Adhere just the white layers with small amounts of SNAIL adhesive so they don’t move while stamping
- With a small image, be sure to cover most of the card stock surface
- Don’t worry if your image leaves a small gap where the layers change – this is normal and will be mostly covered by the colored card stock layers you’ll add at the end.
- After stamping, pull the layers of card stock apart by twisting them, rather than peeling them back. This will keep the fibers in the paper from breaking and no one will be able to tell that they have been pulled apart
- Re-layer the white card stock with the colored layers in between.
Other elements from this card? I used the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit (see it online -131395) for the flower. Watch for more samples with this fun kit in upcoming blog posts! There are tons of flowers in the kit…I think they must multiply when you’re not looking…
The lucky stampers in my Stamps in the Mail Club are making this card in March as part of their Month 2 Club Kit! It’s not too late — I have a few Stamps in the Mail kits from Month 1 if you’d like to jump in and join us! Just drop me an email or check the details on my website.
Stamps: Oh Hello, Swallowtail
Inks: Island Indigo
Cardstock: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Designer Build A Brads, Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit
Pre-Punched: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Bitty Butterfly Punch
Supplies for 4 projects — ready to stamp, delivered to your front door.
Where does the time go?! There are only 5 weeks of Sale-A-Bration remaining!
Don’t know about SAB? Definitely you need to check it out. Already know all about Sale-A-Bration? Perfect! Then you’ll know that Bloomin’ Marvelous is one of the stamp sets you can pick for free with a $50 order during the next 5 weeks.
And I have a fun bonus for you during the next 5 weeks!
Meg’s Final 5 Sale-A-Bration Tutorials
During the next 5 weeks, I’m going to offer a free pdf tutorial — 5 pages of samples, supplies and directions for making a set of cards with one of the Sale-A-Bration free selections.
How do I get this terrific pdf tutorial?
All you need to do is place an order online or in person with me during that week. Any order of any amount is fine — you’ll earn your Final 5 Tutorial for that week! Your tutorial will be emailed directly to you.
Do I have to order the items featured in the Final 5 Tutorial?
Of course not — you can order anything you want! Or you might choose to order the items listed in the Final 5 Tutorial supply list, so that you’ll have the supplies ready to make these projects as soon as your order arrives!
What if I sign up as a new demonstrator with Meg?
Then you’ll get all 5 tutorials! Plus you’ll get the terrific benefits of being a demonstrator: fun, fellowship, discounts on your orders and access to endless ideas. Oh, and there are only a few weeks left to get the Sale-A-Bration bonus with your Starter Kit — $156 in product of your choice for $99 — that’s a huge discount! You can learn more about becoming a demonstrator on my website. Or if you’re ready to do it now, you can sign up directly online 24-7!
For this week’s tutorial, you’ll want the following supplies to be able to make the projects as shown: (click the product numbers to see the items in my online store, then add them to your shopping cart)
Makes 20 sweet note cards with envelopes:
- 129311 Tea For Two Designer Series Paper $10.95
- 123002 In Color 2011-2013 Stampin’ Write Markers $14.95
- 129406 Bitty Butterfly Punch $15.95
- 129399 Paper Doilies $2.95
- 107311 Note Cards & Envelopes $5.95
Total of bundle before shipping and tax = $50.75
Then add the BLOOMIN MARVELOUS Stamp Set (w-129651 or c-129654) to your order for free.
Let me know if you have any questions about this fun program – email Meg.
Supplies for 4 projects — ready to stamp, delivered to your front door.
This is actually a really simple card, with a really simple set of supplies. Here’s what you’d need to make these cards:
- Designer Series Paper of your choice (check the selections online)
- Stampin’ Write Markers to match (the colors of the paper are listed in the online store — so easy to match!)
- 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch (118874 - see it online)
- 1-3/4″ Circle Punch (119850 – see it online)
- Ribbon embellishment (for universal match, go with White or Vanilla)
- Rhinestone embellishment (they’re sticky! 119246 - see them online)
Add some card stock, and you’re all set to make cards for any occasion! And the Patterned Occasions stamp set (see it online) is a freebie when you’ve picked out $50 in other items. You can add it to your order online after you’ve put at least $50 in your shopping cart.
- Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (127540 – another freebie SAB item with a $50 order)
- Whisper White Card Stock (a must-have staple, 40 fabulous sheets in a package – 100730)
- Crumb Cake Card Stock (another staple color, I couldn’t stamp without it – 120953)
- Island Indigo Card Stock (get it as a full pack of 24 sheets or in the In Color Assortment)
Sometimes simple is best — and I’m in love with the little band-aid in this stamp set!
See more Express Stamping ideas on my blog
Sometimes you want to lay out all your supplies and just *create* something wonderful. But other times, you want a project that takes away all the stress and lets you come up with a gorgeous card, just when you needed a break. My great news for you?
Stamping without stress = Stamps in the Mail Club!
With Stamps in the Mail Club, everything you need comes right to you — the stamps, ink, embellishments and 4 sets of project materials (already punched, embossed or die cut if necessary). The only things you need to have on hand are adhesive and scissors.
Plus you get printed directions with photos, technique & product tips and exclusive Video Tutorials for the 4 projects. So no wondering how to do a certain step or make a certain technique work right. And if you already own a certain stamp set or ink color – no problem. You can always select an alternate product.
Your package each month costs $45 (shipping included) and each month you’ll receive around $30 in Stampin’ Up! products (~$40 value with shipping/tax!) plus all your project materials and video tutorials. And at the end of 3 months, you’ll have a great selection of project ideas and tools to use to make more of whatever you love best.
Now is the perfect time to sign up — get the details on my website, then click the big “email Meg” button to fill out the web sign-up form.
I’d love to stamp with you by mail! Many of my SITM Club members have been subscribers for over 2 years — I hope you’ll join us!
It’s that time again! Yup, time to sign up for a new Round of my Stamps in the Mail Club! This Round (#26!) we’ll be featuring the new OH, HELLO stamp set from the Spring Catalog. Stamps in the Mail Club is the perfect chance to add this set to your collection, AND receive ideas for using it!
Plus during the February/March/April Round, you’ll have a chance to earn free Sale-A-Bration stamp sets with your kits.
So… What is Stamps in the Mail Club?
Delivered right to your doorstep–it’s the stamps, inks and accessories you need to complete these projects. Plus printed directions, exclusive Video Tutorials and pre-cut, pre-embossed card stock, ready-to-stamp! It’s my Stamps in the Mail Club, and you can sign up today! Above are the 4 projects you’ll make with your supplies and your Month 1 Club Kit.
Look at what the Stamps in the Mail Club can do for you!
- Build your stamping supplies: kit includes $30-35 value in Stampin’ Up! product each month for 3 months in a row, and you get to keep all the coordinating stamps, inks, accessories and embellishments to use in other stamping projects
- Easy to follow: Pre-printed directions for all 4 projects in a color handout with photos and step-by-step instructions will be sent with the kit each month and necessary supplies are listed at the top of each project so you know exactly what to have at your fingertips.
- Flexible Kit Contents: build on what you own! Select alternate Stampin’ Up! product each month if you already own a Stampin’ Pad color or accessory item
- No sorting or struggling: materials to create each project arrive pre-packaged separately for each project
- Stampin’ Up! exclusive materials: the best products on the market including heavy-weight Designer Paper and cardstock, timeless images, and perfectly coordinated color scheme
- Learn more each month: the 3-month subscription teaches you how to use what you’ve purchased and presents inspiring ideas on how to make the most of your investment in supplies
Here’s a review from a past Stamps in the Mail Club subscriber:
From Jill F: “[Stamps in the Mail Club] is the BEST club I have been involved with. It is so nice to go to my stamp room, pull out the directions and the cello bag and get busy!! Thanks for offering this club.”
You can subscribe to the 3-month Stamps in the Mail Club for just $45 each month! Click here for details on the kit contents for February, as well as details on the Exclusive Video Tutorials for Stamps in the Mail Club Members and free Sale-A-Bration rewards.
Ready to sign up now? Need more details? Click here and use the big “email Meg” button to request your Paypal Invoice!
Still not sure? I think you’ll love these projects! If you’d like to see what all kinds of projects we’ve made in the past, I have a few of them shared on my blog — look at the gallery now.
I look forward to stamping with you by mail!