One of the things I love about being a demonstrator is the chance to get sneak-peeks and details about upcoming products from Stampin’ Up! There are some great things coming up in the new Annual Catalog in June! Of course, any crafter is excited by color, so I’ve enjoyed exploring the bold new In Colors and the new re-designed firm foam ink pads. Since the re-design of the ink pads was announced with the retiring accessories list, I’ve received a lot of questions. So here’s the inside scoop for you on the exciting new ink pad designs!
After years and years with the current felt pads, there have been changes in technology that make it possible to offer ink pads that:
• Provide a crisper, darker stamped image that is not blotchy and dries quickly
• Ink stamps more evenly with less pressure
• Stay juicer and last longer without becoming wavy
• Come with color name labels to add to the end of the pad for easy identification
• Use the same ink refills as the old pads (with the exception of Basic Black, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum and Tempting Turquoise, which were reformulated to work with the new ink pads).
• Stamps solid images beautifully and won’t imprint texture on the solid stamp images like felt pads sometimes did
I’m excited about these improvements to our ink pads! Of course, if you love the current/old ink pads, they are still available only while supplies last!
Will I replace all my old ink pads? Probably not right away — but I do know that I’m in LOVE with the Basic Black new pad. The color is strong, true black and produces a crisp image, especially on bold stamps like the Sneak Peek Betsy’s Blossoms set… (more on that stamp set tomorrow!)